What could be better than making life-long memories with your little ones? Road trips are a great way to bond with your family while experience new things. As you consider the possibility of renting a motorhome hire New Zealand, you may be wondering what kind of activities you’ll be able to do with your children.
New Zealand is a fabulous destination for those who love adventure, but is it an ideal place to travel with kids? Yes! It’s a great place for anyone and everyone who loves beautiful places and fun experiences. The following summer activities are some of the things that you can do to ensure that your children have a summer trip they’ll remember for years to come:
- Go on as many wildlife tours as possible. From whale-watching in Kaikoura to meeting penguins in Oamaru, you’ll want to make sure to book plenty of wildlife tours while in New Zealand. Kaikoura is a great place for this, as it has an abundance of wild animals throughout the year. Either way, no matter where you go, you’ll be sure to have an opportunity to see some type of native Kiwi animal—including the Kiwi bird.
While there are plenty of zoos to visit with your kids, it’s best to observe these beautiful creatures in their natural habitats. Since New Zealand is rich in its wildlife-especially marine life-don’t miss out on your little ones being able to see where these animals live and how they behave in the wild.
- Spend time at as many beaches as possible. You’ll want to enjoy the beautiful New Zealand beaches while visiting in the summer. It’s a great way to cool off while also having the opportunity to enjoy some of the most beautiful NZ destinations. From Te TII Bay to Long Bay Regional Park, New Zealand is full of family-friendly beaches where your little ones can enjoy dipping in the sea while you get that perfect suntan.
Don’t forget to bring your camera; New Zealand has some of the world’s most gorgeous beach destinations. Another great thing is that some of these beaches have campgrounds nearby where you can stay in your motorhome hire as you hear the waves crash against the shore.
- Go on child-friendly treks. Just as you would want to enjoy the great outdoors while traveling in a motorhome hire New Zealand, make sure to give your children an opportunity to do the same. Whether you visit Hawke’s Bay or Canterbury, you will be sure to find beautiful places where you can enjoy short walks with your children while providing them with the experience of adventure in beautiful places. The best time to instill a love for nature in your children is when they’re still young, so where else could be better than New Zealand?
- Visit places rich in Maori-culture. A visit to New Zealand is not complete without a visit to a Maori village. There, your kids can appreciate Maori cultural performances, get to see historical sites, as well as enjoy the experience of a Haangi. Whether you visit the Bay of Islands, Auckland, Kaikoura, or Rotorua, you will find plenty of opportunity to enjoy a cultural Maori experience.
Giving your children a chance to get to see how other cultures work and to learn about a place’s history is something that they will not forget. It will not only be an interesting time for them, but will most likely help them to appreciate the world’s diversity in people and history.
- Don’t miss out on visiting Queenstown and Rotorua. New Zealand is full of cities with family-friendly things to do, but Queenstown and Rotorua are favorites for families who are road tripping the country.
Queenstown offers plenty of outdoor fun in the way of biking tours, horseback riding, gondolas and luge, boat cruises, and wildlife destinations. It’s a great place to enjoy some city time while traveling through the country, as it has plenty of fun things to do for you and your children.
Rotorua is a great spot for outdoor fun in the form of a geothermal wonderland while also providing you with the opportunity to visit Maori villages and get to see a glimpse of the culture of New Zealand. It’s both a wonderful place to spend time in the outdoors during the summer while also providing your children with an educational experience.
Family Fun in New Zealand
As much as New Zealand is a destination for adventure lovers and thrill seekers, it is also a fabulous country to visit with kids. It’s rich in beautiful nature, fun experiences, and very friendly people.
Give your children an experience of a lifetime by road tripping in a motorhome hire New Zealand. You can be sure that both you and they will love the experience. Happy road tripping!