Blood cancer is one of the most commonly known cancer types. The function and the production of blood cells is affected by this cancer. Our bone marrow is the place where all the blood production for our body takes place and blood cancer starts from the bone marrow itself. In a normal person the stem cells found in the bone marrow will get mature a and get developed into three varieties of blood cells, which are the red blood cells, the white blood cells and the platelets. But in a cancer patient a strange type of blood cell is seen to grow which interferes with the production of the normal blood cells. There are three main types of blood cancer:
- Leukaemia– this is caused when there is an increased and rapid production of the abnormal blood cells in the patient’s bone marrow, his bone marrow is not able to produce the red blood cells or the platelets in proper amount.
- Lymphoma– this specific type of blood cancer is found to affect the lymphatic system of the body. This system helps in the production of immune cells and also removes excessive fluid from our body. A type of white blood cells known as lymphocytes helps fight infection, but its abnormal version known as lymphoma grows uncontrollably in the lymph nodes and the tissues causing the cancer.
Myeloma– in this cancer the plasma cells or the white blood cells which help in the production of the antibodies which fight diseases in our body are affected. This results in the improper production of the plasma cells which eventually leads to o a weakened immune system.
The blood cancer treatment cost in India might be quite high because of the extensive treatment it requires, but they will accurately identify the type of blood cancer you have to treat you most accurately so that you have higher chances of surviving.
Symptoms and Signs
This severe and malignant type cancer causes very serious symptoms in the body as it affects the bone marrow, blood or our lymphatic system. Some of the main symptoms include:
- Bleeding gums
- Weakness and fatigue
- Weight loss
- Frequent vomiting sensations
- Enlargement of lymph nodes
- Body sweat at night
- Minimal body strain might cause fractures
- Short breaths
- Pain in the abdomen, bones or back
- Visual difficulties along with headaches
- Painful or difficult urination
- Appearance of rashes or spots
- Fever or continuous infections
As most cancers the exact cause of blood cancer is unknown to the doctors but many factors such as family history, aging, certain infections and a weak immune system might increase the chances of acquiring it. Your doctor will be able to identify it more accurately.
The main motive of the doctors treating blood cancer is to completely eradicate the cancer. Various treatment methods are used to do so. You should research the cost of blood cancer treatment in India or even consult your doctor to choose the most appropriate one for you.