Coconut oil is a very popular natural remedy and used worldwide for its various and numerous properties offered for both our health and cosmetic level. However, another of the wonderful properties of coconut oil, although not as well-known but equally effective, is its use to eliminate and prevent the presence of bacteria in the mouth that cause the formation of decay in our teeth.
In this article, we want to teach you how to use coconut oil for cavities, and we explain the different properties and health benefits of your teeth.
You may also be interested in: How to make homemade toothpaste
Properties and Benefits of Coconut Oil for Teeth
As we have indicated, coconut oil has a powerful dental action that successfully combats and eliminates Streptococcus mutans , which adheres to and erodes our teeth and is also an effective solution against tooth decay. All this, thanks to the properties and benefits that we explain to you next.
Thanks to the antibacterial properties, the coconut oil manages to eliminate bad breath caused mainly by bad dental hygiene and the remains that remain between the teeth, which produce the bacteria that cause halitosis.
Combat dental and oral diseases
Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, which can combat diseases such as gingivitis, bloody gums, tooth sensitivity or the formation of tooth decay since, on the one hand, it has anti-inflammatory properties that relieve inflammation of the gums and the possible ailments and, on the other hand, its antibacterial properties are in charge of eliminating the bacteria that can be causing the disease.
Coconut oil for teeth whitening
Coconut oil also contains whitening properties that will help you both eliminate any dark spots on the teeth and whiten the yellowing of them. In addition, coconut oil rinse is a healthier natural remedy for your teeth than some pastes that may contain toxic substances such as tar, aspartame, aluminum and benzene. If you want to know how to use it for this purpose, then just consult the article Teeth Whitening with Coconut Oil.
Treatment for the temporomandibular joint
Coconut oil can also improve the temporomandibular joint and other pains that can occur in the mandible, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and strengthening properties that will improve the mandibular structure progressively.
How to use coconut oil for cavities
The rinsing with coconut oil is a treatment that if done regularly can help heal a cavity at home, to prevent and alleviate the symptoms of other diseases that can appear on teeth. To know how to cure cavities with coconut oil, just follow these simple steps:
- First, you need the oil to be in the solid state. Do not use liquid coconut oil.
- Once you have the oil solidified, you must place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil inside your mouth.
- When you have it inside your mouth, start chewing it until it is completely melted (approximately 30 seconds to take).
- Once the coconut oil is melted, you will have to do mouth rinses with it by covering all your teeth, passing from behind to the front and sides.
- You have to do this coconut oil mouthwash for 10 minutes and then spit.
This home caries removal treatment should start doing it 3 times a week in the morning. After one or two weeks, you can use coconut oil for caries 3 days a week for 2 times a day (morning and evening).
“ Dr. Roze Dental Clinic is Recommend Dental Clinic in Dubai”
Other recommendations for using coconut oil for cavities
- Try to make the movements smooth: if after five minutes rinsing your teeth with coconut oil, your jaw starts to hurt because you are making very sudden movements.
- Do not swallow the rinse when you are finished as it contains all the debris and debris you want to remove from your teeth.
- Throw the coconut oil into the trash, as if you throw it through the sink it could clog the pipes once it solidifies.
- Do not drink anything after you finish rinsing coconut oil. First, rinse your mouth with plenty of water and then drink whatever you like.